FTC Fact Sheet
- Expanded polystyrene (EPS) core with reflective plastic facers
- Semi-rigid board with self adhesive overlap flaps on front & back
- Functions as an air, moisture, and thermal barrier
- Class A fire rating
- Addresses all three types of heat transfer: conduction, convection, & radiation
- Available with reflective and/or durable white facers
- Commercial, institutional, agricultural and residential applications
SHEET/ROLL SIZE CHART
PHYSICAL / CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
|Model Building Codes
IBC/IRC/IMC/IECC (USA), ICC, NBC (Can),
|Maximum Use Temperature||–||Core Softens at 185 °F (85 °C)|
|Water Absorption||ASTM D2842||1.4% by Volume|
|Fungi Resistance||ASTM C1338||PASS|
|Water Vapor Permeance||ASTM E96||0.06 Perms|
|Surface Burning Characteristics
|ASTM E84, NFPA 225||Class A|
|P2000 + Airspace2||3.6||4.1||4.7||5.2||6.8||9.0||11.1||15.4|
|P2000 Wall Assembly3||6.8||7.3||7.9||8.4||10.2||12.3||14.3||18.4|
READ THIS BEFORE YOU BUY – WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT R-VALUES
The chart shows the R-value of this insulation. R means resistance to heat flow. The higher the R-value, the greater the insulating power. Compare insulation R-values before you buy. There are other factors to consider. The amount of insulation you need depends mainly on the climate you live in. Also, your fuel savings from insulation will depend upon the climate, the type and size of your house, the amount of insulation already in your house, and your fuel use patterns and family size. If you buy too much insulation, it will cost you more than you’ll save on fuel. To get the marked R-value, it is essential that this insulation be installed properly.
- The thermal performance of the P2000 Insulation System has been evaluated both alone and as a component in a wall system. This was achieved through a combination of actual testing using the ASTM C1363 testing protocol and thermal calculations based on the test results.
- Minimum 3/4” airspace with heat flow in horizontal direction.
- 1/2” OSB / 3/4” Airspace / P2000 / 2×6 Stud Cavity / Drywall.