1” P2000 Performs Remarkably by Itself
Structure: Farm House
Outside Temp: -20 oC (-4 oF)
A site visit was conducted to evaluate the effectiveness of the P2000 system using thermal
imaging. The installation consisted of 1” RPR P2000 installed on the third floor walls and
ceiling, no other insulation on this level. This installation gives a true indication of P2000’s
effectiveness by itself.
• Negligible thermal bridging visible in either the walls or ceiling.
• Would expect stud areas to be at higher temperature than cavity if heat transfer was purely conduction due to higher theoretical R value at the stud location (2 x 6 stud + P2000 versus air space + P2000). This is not the case.
• Drywall surface temperature 35 oC (63 oF) higher than exterior temperature
Outstanding Results Using Only P2000 … No Other Insulation
Client: Cooke’s Heating
Building: Wood Frame
Type of Heat: Forced Air Furnace
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
P2000 Contact: Richard Cormier
Hazen Cooke was building a new, two storey, 32! x 40! office building and showroom for his heating service business. Being located in Eastern Canada, where winters are sometimes long and very cold, Mr. Cooke knew that the proper choice of insulation would be critical. He heard about P2000 Insulation at a Spring home show and was sold on its benefits.
• 1” P2000 insulation was installed on the exterior walls of the entire building
• 3/8” P2000 insulation was applied to the downstairs ceilings
• 1” P2000 insulation was applied to the upstairs ceilings
• No other insulation was used in the building
• Downstairs walls were finished with sheetrock—right over the studs with empty cavities
• Sheetrock was applied directly over the P2000 on all ceilings
• Vinyl siding was applied to the exterior directly over the P2000 and nailed into wall studs
• Building is warm and tight—no sign of drafts
• Furnace is running infrequently
• Cost $225/month to heat 2560 ft2 (2007)
“I am extremely pleased … P2000 is an amazing insulation product and I am already recommending it to others”